Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Camping

I have started doing "preschool" with Addie a couple of days a week. I am using a website recommended to me by several people to come up with themes and activities to go along with them. For anyone interested, it is hubbardscupboard.org. You can't beat free for a Christian 2-year-old preschool curriculum.


First, I made a tent out of our kitchen table. Addie was scared of it and refused to get anywhere near it until she saw how much Levi was enjoying it. Good thing she has a younger brother to take her fears away.


The theme we did the past 2 weeks was camping. So, we read lots of books about camping, then made these sweet binoculars:






Next, we used play dough to make a campfire (minus the actual fire):



On Saturday, Bob and I created a little campsite in our backyard. Both kids had a blast...their parents did as well!



We built a tent, kept a fire going, read campfire stories, and sang lots of songs.



Addie loved sitting by the fire:



Levi can't sit still, but he had a good time going from one thing to the next.



We read some books about camping while in our tent:



Then, cooked hotdogs and s'mores using the fire. We took advantage of the fact we were in our backyard and ate in the non-fly-infested screened in porch.







Levi was loving the s'mores...to be expected.



Same with Addie.



1 comment:

  1. I love it! How fun!!! I have gotten behind on blog reading this summer and I have to say... I was AMAZED to get on here & see how big your sweethearts are getting! Gosh they grow up fast!!

    ReplyDelete