Friday, November 5, 2010

Rolling

I've posted several videos of Addie lately, so I thought it's about time I post one of Levi. We don't want him to feel left out or anything. Plus, he learned a new trick! On Monday, I decided to put Levi on his stomach to have some "tummy time"...something I hadn't really done. I know it's important for strengthening the neck and eventually learning to roll over, but somehow had forgotten to put him on his stomach to play each day. Well, I put Levi on his stomach and within 10 seconds, he rolled himself onto his back. I couldn't believe it! Levi is 2 and a half months old. I have no idea if that is early for him to roll or not, but I know Addie didn't roll until she was 4 months old. And even then, it was from her back to her stomach-she didn't roll from her stomach to her back for much longer than that! After he rolled, I called Bob up to see it, but Levi wouldn't do it again-of course. But, it was obvious that he was capable of doing it again-he has such a strong neck and was lifting it up so high as well as pushing off with his arms-he just wasn't rolling. So, we then thought it was kind of a fluke (since he wouldn't roll again) and have been waiting to see if he would do it again...and he did! On Wednesday, every time I put him on his stomach (which was quite a few times, since I've been wanting to see if he can really roll), he rolled onto his back within 10 seconds or so. That means we have an official roller! He is definitely nowhere close to rolling from his back to his stomach, which is a good thing-we don't need that kind of mobility yet! Here he is, showing off:

Another "trick" he seems to have learned this week is sleeping longer at night. For quite a while now (over a month, at least) Levi has been sleeping for 7-8 hours at night, eating, then going back to sleep for another 3-4 hours. The only problem was, he was always ready for bed around 8:00, so sleeping for 8 hours still meant me getting up to feed him in the middle of the night. That isn't so bad, but since he was sleeping 8 hours, I would have like for it to have been 10-6 or something like that, so that I would be sleeping for that long, but that just wasn't possible for him. On Monday night, though, Levi went to bed at 8, as usual, but didn't wake up to eat until 7 AM! It was awesome! He then went back to his "normal" schedule on Tuesday and Wednesday night, then last night, he went for 11 hours again! Hopefully he is easing himself into a new and improved schedule! We are hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment