Thursday, September 16, 2010

The bangs

I decided right before we had Levi that it was time for Addie to grow out her bangs. Daddy has never been a big fan of the bangs, and it was never easy to cut them (to say the least). So, here is how it is going:

The first thing I do when Addie wakes up in the morning is put her clips in her hair to allow her to see. Otherwise, she has to tilt her head up to try to see under her bangs. It's actually pretty funny. Anyways, the last time her bangs were cut was in the beginning of July. They are not yet long enough to do anything with them other than clip them back, but that means I am constantly re-putting clips in Addie's hair since she is so active all the time (or pulls them out). I don't know how long this process is going to take, or if there are other options of things to do with her hair-this was one of the things I was never excited about dealing with with girls-having to do their hair. Of course mine has lots of it. Anyways, if anyone has ideas of what to do with her hair, that would be great (Sarah, maybe? I know you have dealt with this recently). So far, we put clips in both sides or I put her hair in pigtails, then pull the bangs to one side and clip them the best I can.

2 comments:

  1. The only thing I've figured out is a side ponytail! Otherwise they have to tilt their heads up to see out, just like Addie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would she wear a headband (or do they make them that small)? Also, you could try a little more sturdy clip and just clip them straight back. Her bangs would probably stick straight up once you took it out, but it should definitely keep them out of her eyes if her hair is thick enough to hold it.

    ReplyDelete