Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mommy's Birthday Weekend

My birthday this year fell on a Friday, which I really liked.  My mom was nice enough to drive up on Thursday, so that Bob and I could go out to dinner that night.  Then, on the morning of my birthday, she stayed at the house with the kids while I went out for a morning on shopping by myself!  It was great!  Thanks, Nana, for such a great birthday gift!  

Since by birthday was on Friday and Bob obviously had to work, he decided we would celebrate on Saturday, which sounded great to me!  I got to choose what we did on Saturday, and picked to go hiking close to our house as a family.  It was a kid-friendly hike where there were fun things to look at (not waterfalls, though) along the way.  We had a great time!
Addie smelling the flowers:
Levi did the same:
Enjoying a little break in the hike:
It was an artsy hike-this was some kind of concrete couch we found along the way. 
Addie with her hiking stick.  Gotta have that.
Picture with Daddy!
I love the Daddy/daughter pictures:
Levi got to hold a caterpillar for the first time.  I think he liked it...
Here is Addie singing "Happy Birthday" to me through this weird looking thing
There's the whole contraption.  Like I said, there was random stuff to look at/play with along the trail:
Most randomly, was this metal structure we found just before the end of the trail.  It was a huge hit for our skinny little kids!  It kind of looked like a hen house, but with no place for the hen to sit at the top.  Just a skinny staircase, then a drop off.  Our kids managed to crawl up in it, though, and had a blast!
A 3-year-old totally should not be able to fit in there, but once Levi did it, she had to make it happen!
Once finished with our hike, we stopped at the park close to our house for Addie to show off her biking skills.  It's so fun to watch her enjoy her bike so much!
Levi's not quite ready to be able to ride his own bike yet, but he was happy to stroll, thankfully.
Close up:
Then, we played at the playground for a few minutes.  This is one of Addie's favorite things at our playground-not sure what it's called, but it's something to climb up.
Levi running around, probably looking for another child he can run up to and give hugs and kisses.  
Sliding!
Trying out the monkey bars:
On Saturday evening, Bob grilled out steaks and made all the fixings as well.  It was delicious, and so nice not to have to cook AT ALL for dinner!

Presents time!
Reading a card...
Levi's new hat...a manila envelope.
My card from Addie:
And my gift from Levi!
It was a great birthday weekend!  Thank you to my awesome husband that made it so special and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment