Friday, February 25, 2011

Pray for Addie

I have a quick prayer request for anyone who looks at this often enough/happens to see it in the next few hours. Addie has thrown up after almost every meal since yesterday at breakfast. The only things she has kept down are crackers and plain Cheerios as well as a little water. She acts fine any other time. The throwing up scares her, but once it's over and cleaned up, she is back to playing and having fun. She has only peed once since getting up this morning and it was only a tiny bit. So, she seems to be somewhat dehydrated, which isn't really surprising. I just called the doctor to see what I should try to give her to eat/drink to at least get something in her and the nurse told me that she needs to come in. I guess her symptoms are weird since she acts fine when she's not throwing up, no fever, etc. So, she has a doctor's appointment this afternoon at 4:10 and we're hoping it will help us figure out what we can do to help our little girl be able to eat again and get better. Addie is extremely scared of the doctor's office, so also pray that she is calm and lets the doctor check her the way she needs to. I will try and update on here as soon as I know anything. Thanks so much!

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh Abby I am praying RIGHT NOW! I know this scenario ALL TOO WELL! Let me know what the doctor says.........

    (just as a side note... this time around (in connection w/ the flu & ear infections) the dr gave Lauren anti-nausea meds so that she could keep her antibiotic down...)

    and yes, the panicking makes it hard for them to tell if anything's wrong with the tummy... so I am praying for Addie to be amazingly calm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for the sweet girl. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete