Monday, February 28, 2011

Backwards

We thought we were out of the woods with this vomiting with Addie, but we are not. Addie threw up twice at dinner last night. Before that, she hadn't thrown up since Friday at lunch-and she had eaten all kinds of things that were not "bland" and kept them down fine. So, we are pretty convinced Addie does not have a virus, but something else is going on. We have no idea what it is, which makes us nervous. When we went to the doc on Friday, she told me to call if the symptoms did not go away within 3 days. She also said a urine sample would be the next step, so I'll be working on getting that this morning, as well as calling the doctor. Addie has not been herself the past few days-she is always whining, saying she's sleepy. She will randomly say her tummy hurts also. She definitely has no idea what's going on. Please pray that we will be able to figure out what is going on with her, and that God will give us, as well as the doctor's wisdom to figure all of this out. Also, please pray that Addie is calm throughout this all. I'm assuming we might have to go see the doctor at least once, maybe more, which can be very scary for Addie. This makes it extremely difficult for the doctor to even check her at all. Thank you all for praying-hopefully we will have some answers soon.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry! Back in the fall Sophie got a virus and she threw up like 15 times in about 12 hours, then seemed fine for 2 or 3 days and then did it again - same thing for about 12 hours. After that she was fine. It was almost like she got the virus again. I obviously don't know if that's the case for Addie, but I know it's scary and hard. I'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear she is still not well! I'll be praying for you all and her especially that she can be calm for the doctor to examine her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a sick Ronan since Thursday. (Like you, I never know if it's a virus and needs to "run its course" or if it's more serious.) We went to the doc this morning and it was strep in conjunction with junk in a lung lobe. I have learned that strep can present itself (in children) as vomiting. I'm sure you're docs are well aware of that, but just wanted to toss some other possibility your way. We'll pray for you all. It's heart-breaking on Mom and Dad! --MARY!

    ReplyDelete